Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Pretty Snowfall

We had a beautiful snowfall Sunday night, one of the biggest in years.

I took some pictures of it from inside the house yesterday morning.

From my front door ~


My little stray cat, Honey, with eyes of wonder ~ He's in the picture window, and I had to cover my piano.









Happy to be in a nice cozy home ~




From my kitchen window ~ Sunset looks like a cross, doesn't it?





Isa 55:10 -
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

10 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I thought that I saw some of this yesterday and even left a comment about its beauty. I must be getting old.

Deborah said...

I've seen more than enough snow this year, but I love pictures of trees covered with hoar frost, they're beautiful!

Mimi said...

great shots of the snow...and I just love little Honey looking out at the snow from her cozy and warm window ledge....

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy ~

Even though I am ready for spring ~ pictures of a snowfall are just so beautiful!

Have a blessed day,
Sharon

Military Momz said...

What beautiful pictures. We were supposed to get snow Sunday, but only got hail.

TJ said...

Great pictures as usual. The cat looks happy.

Sharon said...

We saw beautiful snow falling for a while, but it didn't stick. It actually snowed more and stuck south of us!

Cherdecor said...

I love the look of wonder in Honey's eyes. What a wonderful kitty! Your snow pictures are breath taking. I clicked on them so I could see what Honey was seeing. Snow is so beautiful! Your trees look like they are dressed in gowns of white making ready for a great celebration ball.

sherry said...

I'm so glad you adopted Honey-boy. Hm. Or, did HE adopt YOU?! No matter, he's obviously gloriously happy, cozy and toasty warm.

I think I'll adopt him as Tiger's cousin, since they look so similar. :o)

~~Deby said...

Oh what beautiful pictures Cathy--the snow is so pretty..and that kitty so cute...
Deby