Thursday, August 16, 2007

"In the Garden"

This is a beautiful old hymn.

Tranquil Garden by Barbara Mock
Tranquil Garden

I come to the garden alone, While the dew is still on the roses; And the voice I hear, falling on my ear, The Son of God discloses.

Refrain

And He walks with me, and He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own; And the joy we share as we tarry there None other has ever known.




Bird Bath by Dr. Jeremy Paul
Bird Bath


He speaks and the sound of His voice Is so sweet the birds hush their singing; And the melody that He gave to me Within my heart is ringing.




Refrain





Evening Light by Robert Duncan
Evening Light


I'd stay in the garden with Him Tho the night around me befalling; But He bids me go-- thru the voice of woe, His voice to me is calling.

Refrain

Text and Music: C. Austin Miles

And now you can go to Cyber Hymnal to listen to the hymn.



images courtesy of All Posters

11 comments:

~~Deby said...

I love this hymn..your pictures are great.
Deby

candy said...

Pretty pictures :) I like the last one especially.


p.s.
I have a little blue birdie blinkie on my blog sidebar. I thought of you when I found it on the internet the other night because its so cute. If you like it, feel free to save it and use it on yours too. Dont feel obligated but if you did like it, you may feel free to do that :)

Saija said...

i actually sighed when i looked at your pictures - and visualized them with the hymn ... truly lovely!

Cathy said...

Deby, Candy, and Saija, Thank you, I appreciate your comments. I made a change in the post, and showed the words of each verse, surely it is not still under copyright. :-)

Jodi said...

Beautiful! I have always loved this old song!

Cathy ~ I think Cyberhymnal is very strict about posting songs under copyright, so if they've posted it, you can feel safe. I believe I read on an older site about copyright that the then current cutoff date was around 1927 or 1929. For some reason I think it's 75 years which would actually put it at 1932 now. I'll have to double check on that actual date to be sure.

Cathy said...

Jodi, we both love that beautiful hymn.

The hymnal I was using said there was a copyright on it, but then Cyber Hymnal said 1922 or earlier was in the public domain.

Mimi said...

Cathy,
thank you for that hymn it is one of my absolute favorites...
I want it sung at my funeral...and the pictures you selected to go with it were perfect!!!
I can tell you work very hard on your blog, and I really appreciate it

Lallee said...

This song will forever make me think of my mother. It was her favorite. You chose beautiful pictures to put with the words.

Cathy said...

Mimi, You're welcome. What a sweet funeral song to choose! I am a perfectionist, so I do try hard; then wonder if the other picture would have been better. :o) And I appreciate you. :-)

Lallee, Thank you. These old hymns do seem to remind us of our mothers.

Maxine said...

I'm sorry I missed this the other day. This hymn reminds me of my childhood. You captured the beauty so splendidly with your photos.

Cathy said...

Maxine, Sometimes I post things later in the night! Some of these old hymns do take us back to our childhood, reminding us of our parents. Thank you so much.