Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Links to Share


My neighbor's rare "Peppermint Twist" Crepe Myrtle, blooming again ~


My friend,Patricia, is an excellent photographer, and I was impressed with her lovely pictures in her Dusk to Dawn post.

Watch this personal message from an Iraqi Veteran for Obama, posted by my friend Barb.

And I thought this post was so adorable.

Jewel's Eyes of Wonder blog is beautiful. Be sure to scroll down and see the pictures of her children. Near the end, there is a neat slideshow "that the Tennessean did of Vicki and the girls." It is so refreshing to see folks living like that these days.

8 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Something's wrong with the link
"personal message from an Iraqi Veteran for Obama."

Saija said...

what a great plant! i had never even heard of it!

Cathy said...

Thanks, Sally, I thought I had fixed it, but I am having some trouble with blogger tonight. And I'll bet the Internet Explorer link still may not work.

Saija, I don't know if you mean the crepe myrtle or Patricia's lovely plant. :o) They are both pretty.

Adrienne said...

Hi Cathy -
Thank you for sharing the Iraqi Veteran's message. I was moved by his passion and the way he spoke with clarity. The Crepe Myrtle is gorgeous.
~Adrienne~

Barbara said...

Cathy, I couldn't get Jewels blog through the link. It only went straight to the Tennessean. But the pictures were gorgeous!!

Cathy said...

Thanks, Adrienne, and I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

Barb, Thanks, I just changed the link again, and when I added the picture back, it switched to the Tennessean link. I hope this is only for tonight!

~Tammy~ said...

I just love crepe myrtle's!
When I lived in Texas they were abundant, but I don't see very many up this way!

~~Deby said...

I will have to check these out Cathy..I am familiar with Jewel's...it is precious..
~Deby