Saturday, November 24, 2007

Eight Random Facts Meme

Barbara at Tidbits and Treasures has tagged me for the 8 Random Facts Meme.

Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
Write a post about your own 8 random things.
Post these rules.

At the end of your blog, tag 8 people and post their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged.

Here are 8 random facts about me.

1. I was born before I was due on April Fools Day.
My Daddy could not convince anyone that I was born.
Finally, my Grandmother (mother's mother) believed him.
2. I am the oldest of four children and have two younger brothers and a sister.
3. I am short, only 5'3 1/2" tall. PS (after the fact) I just went for a physical and found out I am only 5'2". I must have been wearing my shoes. :o)
4. I love music and have written hymns and songs.
5. I love my little flower garden.
6. I had a real estate broker's license and sold real estate.
7. I have a BA in Education, but worked for years doing bookkeeping at my daddy's office. This helped me when my children were young.
8. I worked as a receptionist at a Christian Radio Station.

I am tagging:

1. Candy ~ At Home With Candy
2. Jodi ~ The Deputy Domain
3. Beka ~ More Love To Thee
4. Betty ~ Country Charm
5. Nancy ~ In My Neck of the Woods
6. Saija ~ Thro' a Glass Darkly
7. Deby ~ Apples of Gold
8. Anyone who wants to participate.

17 comments:

Jodi said...

How fun to get to know more about you! JR's granddad is an April 1st Baby, too!

Anonymous said...

to me, you're tall. i'm 5'2". :o)

~~Deby said...

will...do...I was tagged by Jamie, at musings from the heart too....so I will answer both of you in one post...got to think of some things...hmmmmm,,,,gave out so much information on my 100th post I have to figure out if their is anything else to reveal about me....give me a few days.
Deby

Cathy said...

Jodi, my Daddy just fussed and carried on when nobody believed him. How about that, another April 1 birthday!

haus frau, Well, you ARE a short little one. :o)

Deby, that's fine, take your time, I did.

Cathy said...

haus frau, I didn't tag you, because you are always so sweet to give us lots of information. ;o) Why don't you also do the meme? We would love it, I'm sure.

Unknown said...

Well I'll be, I will have to give my 8 meme's some thought but thanks for the tag.

Cathy said...

Nancy, I don't know if they are supposed to be facts like some I gave or what. You can look at Barbara's. She did it twice. And the person who gave it to her just gave some silly facts. :o)

Saija said...

those are cool facts to learn about you ... :o)

what i have been doing with meme's is answering them on the comments ... soooooo, here are 8 random facts about me:

1. born in finland
2. i have a sister, who isn't a sister, to my 4 sisters ...
3. christmas makes me meloncholy
4. i went up at a billy graham crusade at the age of 12
5. i only knew my husband 5 weeks before we were engaged
6. i've had over 7 accidents while driving in wintery conditions
7. i love the desert
8. i am one year short of my bachelor's in religious education .

that's pretty random i'd say! oh, i'm shorter than you are - not quite 5'2" ... :o)

blessings on your sunday!

Cathy said...

Saija, thanks for the interesting facts. :o) I have already found 2 friends shorter that I am. Goodness, be careful driving in that snow! I could be melancholy too thinking about Christmas, if I lingered on recalling past BIG Christmases we had while I was growing up. I'm glad I don't live in Canada with all that snow! I don't handle snow too well, though I did write a pretty instrumental song about snow once, when snowed in for a long time. :o)

Barbara said...

Cathy, I found out some things about you I didn't know in all the time I've known you. Neat!

Cathy said...

lol, Well, how about that, Barb! Must be some of the real facts at the end.
That is neat. :o)

Beka said...

This was fun! It's neat to know some more about you! I'm short too... just under 5'1". And I have a younger brother who is 6'3"!!

I actually did this meme a few months ago:
http://more-love-to-thee.blogspot.com/2007/05/ive-been-tagged.html
but that was only seven facts, so I'll give you one more:

(pause)
OK, I'm coming up blank. I'll think about it and get back to you :-)

Have a lovely evening, dear friend!

Cathy said...

Goodness, dear, Beka, you're the shortest so far, though 2 others were 5'2". I'll have to check out your facts. :o) Don't worry about the eighth. Some of us omitted it. You have a blessed evening too, sweet friend.

Patricia said...

Cathy, that is so funny about your birthday.

I have always been 5'5", but in recent years, I have shrunk to 5'3 1/2". Who knows where I will end up!

Cathy said...

Patricia, actually, my poor daddy was doing a little worse than just fussing. Oh, dear, I am hearing too much about this shrinking business. Sure hope it doesn't happen to me.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Enjoyed reading the facts about you! I'm another shorty, I used to be 5'2", but have shrunk to 5'1" now, I think. My husband is 6'2"! Yep, opposites attract!

Your blog is beautiful!

Katherine

Cathy said...

Thank you, Katherine. I can't believe all the little shorties showing up! And there you go talking about the shrinking again. Ya'll look way too young for that. Maybe I'd better check my height again. I do look pretty short in some pictures. :o)