Monday, September 24, 2007

"Near to the Heart of God"



There is a place of quiet rest Near to the heart of God,
A place where sin cannot molest, Near to the heart of God.

Refrain

O Jesus, blest Redeemer, Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee Near to the heart of God.



There is a place of comfort sweet Near to the heart of God,
A place where we our Saviour meet, Near to the heart of God.

Refrain

O Jesus, blest Redeemer, Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee Near to the heart of God.



There is a place of full release Near to the heart of God,
A place where all is joy and peace, Near to the heart of God.

Refrain

O Jesus, blest Redeemer, Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee Near to the heart of God.


Words and Music: Cleland B. McAfee, 1903

You can listen to the hymn here.

Images courtesy of Snapshots of Joy.

8 comments:

Mimi said...

Cathy,
I love the new images you have with your hymn today... they are beautiful... you and Jodi out do your selves every week with your hymn posts!!

Cathy said...

Thanks, Mimi, the website I often use for hymns was closed late last night when I was posting this. I love the other website too.

Beka said...

That hymn... I love it! And the pictures you used today were so lovely. I especially love the one with the sunrise (sunset?) and the words Joy comes in the morning.

Cathy said...

Sweet, Beka, would you believe I picked that out especially for you? I am so glad you loved it. :o)

Maxine said...

"Near to the heart of God." That where I want to be. When I visit folks like you, and Mimi and Jodi my spirits get uplifted. Helps me through my daY!

Cathy said...

Thank you dear Maxine. Your sweet comment makes me very happy. Praise and thanks be to our God. :o)

robert said...

Thanks for posting the words of Cleland McAffee's beautiful hymn. It was my mother's favourite. Today is the 143rd anniversary of McAffee's birth. If you'd like to read the touching story of how the song came to be written, you can check it out on my daily blog, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.

Cathy said...

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting today. I read a little about how the hymn was written at Cyberhymnal. Your blog is very interesting.