Monday, October 1, 2007

Joy



Ne 8:10 -
Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Ps 5:11 -
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Ps 16:11 -
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Ps 30:5 -
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Ps 32:11 -
Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

Ps 43:4 -
Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

Ps 51:12 -
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Ps 126:5 -
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Isa 12:3 -
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Isa 35:10 -
And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Isa 51:3 -
For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Isa 55:12 -
For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isa 61:3 -
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Isa 65:19 -
And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Zep 3:17 -
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Mt 25:21 -
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Lu 2:10 -
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Joh 15:11 -
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Joh 16:20 -
Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Joh 16:24 -
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Ro 14:17 -
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Ro 15:13 -
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Ga 5:22 -
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

1Th 1:6 -
And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:

Heb 12:2 -
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jas 1:2 -
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

1Jo 1:4 -
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

3Jo 1:4 -
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Jude 1:24 -
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,


Image courtesy of All Posters

14 comments:

Mimi said...

so many beautiful verses on Joy...
we can rest in the Joy of the Lord and know that he will take all our cares upon Himself
Loved your post on Joy!

Cathy said...

Mimi, I love to look up verses on joy. I'm glad they blessed you. :o)

Barbara said...

Thanks for the joy verses, Cathy. Yesterday morning, I went to church really not feeling too well. I usually don't show how I feel, but I was just give out yesterday. My SS teacher (pastor's wife)picked up on this and said, "You need to lean on the joy of the Lord for your strength." :)

Cathy said...

You are welcome, Barb. Don't be surprised it you hear that verse once more pretty soon. :o) I'm happy the Word ministered to you.

Beverly said...

What a wonderful idea to post verses on joy. How often we forget to rejoice in all things. I especially like Psalm 16:11 - "in Thy presence is fulness of joy..."

Cathy said...

Thanks, Bev. I saw around 155 verses on joy, I believe. They are wonderful. :o)

Maxine said...

Cathy, with the God we have and the Savior He sent to us, how can we not have joy? He even tells us to have it in the midst of trials. I'm sure that this post of yours is a sweet savor to Him.

Maxine said...

Oh, Cathy, I forgot to say: I saw your comment at Beka's about her poem. It's at my Scraps of Glory blog. I posted it last Friday.

Cathy said...

Amen, Maxine! Thank you for your very sweet comment. :o)

And I should have thought of your other blog. Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to look for her poem. :o)

Beka said...

Wonderful verses... brings me joy just to read them! Psalm 16:11 is one of my very favorite verses, and I've also been thinking a lot lately about Isaiah 61:3, which I believe you shared with me recently. What a blessing!

Cathy said...

Dear, Beka, I am glad the verses blessed you. :o)

Peggy said...

Blessings Cathy,

I guess you have plenty of posts on JOY (26) but I did find back here in 2007 the all inclusive list of verses. I'd say that with so much JOY that you should be JOYFUL & very ready to compose. I'm glad Bach encouraged your musical gift,
I'll wait for the composition of Spring JOY. All your lovely flowers & your music should draw you frequently in to His Joy!

May you be filled with inspiration and JOY! Thanks for your visit!

Cathy said...

Dear Peggy,
Thank you so much for looking up this post on Joy. And I truly appreciate your sweet comment and encouragement. That would be a great composition! Thanks for the idea, Peggy.

Deborah said...

Thanks for the link, Cathy! Many of the same verses I came across for 'joy' too. Now I just need to write my song for the year. :)