Tuesday, October 16, 2007

O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing



O for a thousand tongues to sing My great Redeemer's praise,
The glories of my God and King, The triumphs of His grace.




Jesus! the name that charms our fears, That bids our our sorrows cease, 'Tis music in the sinner's ears, 'Tis life and health and peace.



He breaks the power of canceled sin, He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean; His blood availed for me.




Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb, Your loosened tongues employ;
Ye blind, behold your Savior come, And leap, ye lame, for joy.




My gracious Master and my God, Assist me to proclaim,
To spread thro' all the earth abroad, The honors of Thy name.


Words: Charles Wesley (1739) (on the first anniversary of his conversion to Christ)
And be sure to see all the other beautiful verses he wrote.
Music: Carl G. Glaser (1828)

Listen to the hymn here.

Images courtesy of All Poster

10 comments:

candy said...

I just wanted to tell you that you are such a lovely lady.
God bless you Cathy!

Cathy said...

Well, thank you, dear, sweet, Candy. :o) You are the lovely, sweet one! God bless you too.

Beka said...

Glorious hymn! I didn't know Wesly wrote it on the first anniversary of his conversion-- that is wonderful to know.

Hope you're having a joyful day!

Cathy said...

I just love that hymn, Beka. Did you notice all the other beautiful verses he wrote? I just added that to the post. Yes, I am having a joyful day visiting around on my computer. :o)

Rick said...

I like the artwork on your site. The roses were my favorite.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

Thank you, Rick, I believe the name of it is "Hymn of Praise." I also thought it was beautiful.

Saija said...

lovely ... :o)

i am trying to do some blog visiting tonight and our little kitty is attaching the wires on the computer - so this is just a quick hello!

Cathy said...

lol, Thank you, Saija. Your little mischievous kitty had better let you get some rest! :o)

Mimi said...

beautiful hymn Cathy,
and very beautiful and appropriate illustrations...

Cathy said...

Thank you, Mimi. I was glad to hear from you this morning. I hope all is well with you. :o)