Saturday, October 13, 2007

Our Life on Earth


Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but these first few scripture emails recently caught my attention.


Psalm 103:15 -
As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

Job 8:9 -
For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow:)

1 Chronicles 29:15
For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.

Psalm 90:17 -
And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

John 9:4 -
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Psalm 91:16 -
With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Proverbs 3:2 -
For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Image courtesy of All Posters

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Those scriptures speak to my heart too. All of them become more meanful as we age. And to think I wasted so many years, "doing my thing"
I love the post.

Cathy said...

Thank you, Nancy, for your nice comment. :o)

Saija said...

i have been thinking of the shortness of my days as well ... since my faith is in God who has redeemed me, it's with joy that i hope to be with Him - someday? soon?

our times are in HIS hands!

Cathy said...

Thank you, Saija, for your comment. As a friend of mine recently said, "We never know when we will be called home." Thank God we can know Him and be ready to go. :o)

Mimi said...

Cathy,
very appropriate verses... we do not know how long we have on earth so we should always be ready... because Jesus will come in the twinkling of an eye...
and that will be a wonderful, glorious day!!

Cathy said...

Amen, Mimi! And "we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."
1 John 3:2

Betty said...

Cathy,

With each passing year, my mortality is more real.....

Thank you for the visit...Betty

Cathy said...

You're welcome, Betty, and thank you also for visiting. :o)

~~Deby said...

great scriptures..you are so right life is so short..we were just told yesterday that my younger brothers brain cancer has returned..it is about using the itme that the Lord has given us, for HIM..isn't it...HE numbers our days, and our hours....
Thanks,
Deby

Cathy said...

Oh, Deby, I'm so sorry about your younger brother. Thank you for that excellent addition to my post. :o)